- What is the Annual Water Main Flushing Program?
- When will crews be in my area?
- What is the change in the disinfection process during the flushing period?
- What are chloramines?
- What is free chlorine?
- Why is the water that Utilities distributes to customers disinfected with free chlorine instead of chloramines each Spring?
- How long will free chlorine be used to disinfect my drinking water this year?
- Is water disinfected with either free chlorine or chloramines safe to consume?
- Could water disinfected with either free chlorine or chloramines be harmful to dialysis patients if it is used in the dialysis process?
- Will my water taste different during the temporary conversion to free chlorine?
- Will chloramines affect household plumbing, pipes and/or water heaters?
- How can I remove the chlorine taste from my water?
- Will pool owners need to treat water differently?
- What does the term hydrant flushing mean?
- Could I see a drop in water pressure due to hydrant flushing in my area?
- Can hydrant flushing in my area cause cloudiness or sediment in my water?
- How can I get more information about Spotsylvania County Utilities water quality?