COVID-19 Tourism Information and Community Resources
In light of the COVID-19 and recent restrictions put in place, we want to consolidate information to make it easy for everyone to know what is going on in Spotsylvania and helps for Tourism businesses in the area. In order to keep this page as current as possible, please email us with updates and information.
Phase I Reopening Plan - Safer at Home
The Governor of Virginia announced that starting May 15, 2020, we will enter Phase I Reopening.
Forward Virginia Guidelines can be found on the Virginia Coronavirus page on www.virginia.gov
Some highlights are below
- Non-essential retail may reopen, with 50% capacity.
- Restaurants and beverage services will still be limited to takeout and delivery, with outdoor seating at 50% capacity.
- Entertainment and amusement businesses remain closed.
- Fitness studios and gyms remain closed, except for outdoor fitness classes where social distancing can be practiced.
- Beaches remain closed except for fishing and exercise.
- Campgrounds may open with restrictions on distance between campsites.
- State parks remain open during the day, and will slowly open for tent camping, RVs, and then cabins. However, the Governor said that will not happen immediately. DCR has set a goal date of May 22 for that reopening but that could change.
Paycheck Protection Program and Economic Injury Disaster Loans and Loan Advance can be found on the Small Business Administration page. They also have excellent information on Guidance for Businesses and Employers.
Many are doing take-out, curbside service, or delivery. Check out the dining page for a list of restaurants doing curbside or delivery.
The Free Lance Star is offering a special Yes We’re Open Directory: This is a separate platform that tells readers and online subscribers that you are open for business. Participating in this directory is free for April and May. It requires a separate sign-up and you can register using with the FLS at this link. Register now and your listing will be up on the site within 48 hours.
Take Out Tuesday. Order takeout from one of the the restaurants listed on the VisitSpotsy.com Dining Page. We try to stay up-to-date on which restaurants are open, so if we missed one, just send us an email email@example.com
Things to Do
Being stuck at home can be fun and educational check out the following links to find things to keep you occupied.
Spot the Egg Hunt This egg hunt can be done walking through neighborhoods or from your car. Post a picture when you find an egg. Color your own eggs to place in your front window for people to find.
Visitspotsy News on Virtual Visits there is a good sized list (I think the falcon is ready to lay her eggs)
To stretch your legs take the Courthouse Walking Tour
Google Arts & Culture has virtual art exhibits
Now is the time to break out those board games and puzzles.
Learn how to cook something new Omni Hotels website has chief inspired recipes for you to use