Office of Elections
The Director of Elections / General Registrar provides all eligible citizens convenient access for voter registration, maintains 91,200 voter records and other election-related data accurately, organizes and oversees voter registration opportunities, recruits and trains Election Officials, conducts locality absentee voting, manages new candidate qualifications with campaign finance and supervises primary, special and general election polling precincts for local, state and federal elections.
The Director and staff are committed to providing each citizen of our County the opportunity to exercise his or her right to vote in an efficient and equitable manner in accordance with the Constitutions of the United States and Commonwealth of Virginia and the Code of Virginia. Staff strive to manage effective elections while protecting the integrity of the democratic process.
- If you would like to register to vote but have a few questions, feel free to call our office at 540-507-7380.
- You can now register online. Please visit the Department of Elections eligibility page to complete, check or update your registration.
Resources for Voters
- Check our Facebook Page - Spotsylvania Votes - for updates, reminders, deadlines, voter and election information.
- March 6, 2018 our department relocated to the Southpoint area. View a map of our new location (PDF).
- Our County will hold a March 3, 2020 Democratic Presidential Primary. Absentee voting begins January 16, 2020. Stay tuned to this website, The Free Lance Star and our Facebook page, Spotsylvania Votes
- Absentee Voting: see the links to the left. You can apply online, in-person or by mail/email/fax. You then vote either in-person or through the mail. We begin absentee voting 45 days before EACH election. If printing a paper application - submit to Spotsylvania Voters or fax to 540-507-7519.
- The next Electoral Board Meeting - will be in February of 2020 and held at the Office of Elections (4708 Southpoint Parkway, 22407).
- PUBLIC NOTICE: Friday, December 6, 2019, the Office of Elections will be closed all day while the staff attends a regional training event.
This notice of office closure is required under §24.2-411.
Christina Johnson is accountable for all aspects of absentee voting, applications, processing, in-person and by mail, etc. She also supervises Campaign Finance reporting. Contact Christina Johnson.
Election Official Coordinator
Katelyn Mitchell is responsible for mailing/handling paperwork for all election officials, scheduling workers at precincts, etc. Contact Katelyn Mitchell.
Voting Machine Technician
Chelsea LeViner programs and maintains our voting machines and laptops used as pollbooks for our elections. Contact Chelsea LeViner.
Election Day Coordinator
Regan Halkyard plans and coordinates elections with contacts from schools and County buildings used as precincts on all Election Days. Contact Regan Halkyard.