Blog module icon

Spotsylvania Museum


Nov 14

"A Changing Landscape"

Posted on November 14, 2019 at 3:36 PM by Terry Dougherty

From the Museum Archives.  In 1880, the area in Spotsylvania Court House village started to change.  It began with subdividing part of the land associated with the historic "Spotswood Inn".  Originally a 1,000 acre tract, the land immediately adjacent to the Courthouse and Jail was surveyed for development.  Soon Victorian era homes would follow.

Courthouse Plat