News Flash

Posted on: May 12, 2020

Places from the Past

Roxbury on the Po River

Beverley Stanard built “Roxbury” around 1743.  Stanard owned 2,000 acres between the Ni and Po rivers. 

The home (photo circa 1880) burned in 1920. The home site and cemetery near Thornburgh Elementary School is now ow...

Read on...

Museum - Historical Articles
Posted on: November 14, 2019

A Changing Landscape

Courthouse Plat

From the Museum Archives.  In 1880, the area in Spotsylvania Court House village started to change.  It began with subdividing part of the land associated with the historic "Spotswood Inn".  Originally a 1,000 acre tra...

Read on...

Museum - Historical Articles